We will not interfere with your right to peacefully occupy your home except when:
You are responsible for:
- The repair of any damage caused by you, your family or visitors
- All internal decorations
- Testing the installed smoke alarm and changing batteries when required
- Tap washers (but not taps)
- Sink and bath chains and plugs
- Toilet seats and lids
- Hat and coat hooks and rails
- Bath panels
- Cleaning of toilets, hand basins, baths and showers, windows and doors
This list may change from time to time. Please ring 0330 100 0272 if you would like more details.
For tenants who are elderly or frail, we are sometimes able to arrange contact with voluntary organisations that can help with repairs and decorations, etc. Your Neighbourhood Officer can advise you.
You must allow access for bpha's staff, agents or contractors to carry out annual servicing of appliances owned by us, including gas and electrical appliances. bpha will give you at least 24 hours notice, unless it is an emergency.
Audit Commission National Fraud Initiative – fair processing notice to bpha tenants and applicants
We advise tenants and applicants that the data held by this organisation in respect of your tenancy or housing application will be used for cross-system and cross-body comparison purposes for the prevention and detection of fraud.