Sometimes you may need to contact us out of hours. For example:
- Electrical: where there is no power whatsoever, water affecting wiring after a burst or if a lift, fire alarm, communication or control entry system or similar are out of order.
- Fire: where the Fire Service is attending or has attended
- Fuel and other service supply: faults with gas, electric, oil and water are generally subject to special arrangements with various statutory agencies and contractors. Under normal circumstances service supply problems will be dealt with as soon as possible, but residents may be expected to make their own temporary arrangements to provide portable heaters and similar
- Water: bursts on hot or cold water supply – but only when the resident is unable to turn off the stop-tap – are classed as an out-of-hours emergency, as are overflowing drains or toilets inside the property.
- Weather: bpha will attend out of hours if bad weather such as gale force winds or lightning has caused extensive damage inside the house.
For an out of hours emergency, call our local rate number: 0330 100 0272 and follow the instructions.
If you smell gas or any other fumes please call National Grid emergency line 0800 111 999 at any time of day or night. If possible open windows and doors, turn off the gas meter, do not use naked flames and avoid turning on switches or sockets.