If you are looking to rent a home in Bedfordshire and the surrounding counties, bpha may be able to help. We own around 18,000 homes, with a wide range of housing to meet different people’s needs for affordable rent.

Affordable rent

If you’re looking for affordable rented accommodation you will need to register with your local authority to join their allocations scheme.

From 1 April 2018, bpha no longer manages the Housing Register on behalf of Bedford Borough Council. You can apply to join the Bedford Borough Housing Register via Bedford Borough Council’s online lettings website MyHomeOptions. You will need to register an account and complete an application form.

Mutual exchange

If you already rent a bpha home, but need to move because the property no longer meets your needs, you may (with our written permission) be able to swap homes with another tenant by doing a Mutual Exchange.

Mutual Exchange is often much quicker than waiting for a transfer, a great solution for people who want to downsize and a way to move if you don’t qualify for a transfer under the Allocations Scheme.

bpha rental tenants may be able to exchange with another Housing Association or Local Authority Tenant by finding an exchange partner through the House Exchange website.

Alternatively you can use the House Exchange App, which makes finding and swapping homes more easy for you. It is available to download from the Apple App Store and on Android at the Google Play Store.

House Exchange is a database of information given by tenants that want to move, and offers a service allowing tenants to search immediately for housing options across the whole of the UK.

Both parties must complete an application form, and send it with supporting information to bpha. We will check your eligibility for this scheme and make a decision within 42 days of receiving the application form.

Don’t wait…call us now on 0330 100 0272, or email us.

Supported Living

In addition to our standard properties, bpha provides specialist housing across Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire.

The support offered varies, and is provided through different partner agencies, including Social Workers, Support Agencies, Care Managers and Community Mental Health Teams.

We offer a number of Specialist Schemes:

  • Mental Health
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Refuges for women and children facing Domestic Abuse
  • Young People
  • Care Homes

For further information, please contact us and ask for the Specialist Housing Team.

If you have any questions, or if you would to speak with us to find out more, please get in touch.

Retirement Living

Sheltered accommodation specially designed to help people over the age of 55 live independently.

Find out more.

Private Rental

Private rental properties can be quicker to obtain, with more choice available. They are usually offered on an assured shorthold tenancy for a fixed term of at least six months. The rent charged will depend on the size and location of the property.

Visit the Government’s website to find out whether you are entitled to any financial assistance towards your rent.

Other local authority areas

bpha has properties in other local authority areas. We work in partnership on a number of choice-based lettings schemes – this means you can choose the homes you would like to be considered for. View the links below to find out about schemes that we are currently part of.

Cambridge: www.home-link.org.uk
Peterborough: www.peterborough-homes.com