Contents insurance to give you peace of mind

We insure the structure of our rental properties, but the resident is responsible for insuring their own personal contents*.

By working alongside the National Housing Federation and Thistle Tenant Risks, we have been able to ensure our customer have access to low cost Home Contents Insurance. While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My Home arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, bpha residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens, they have cover.

Find out more or contact bpha on 0330 100 0272 to receive a paper copy of the information leaflet.

If you would like to apply for cover you can do so via the Thistle Tenants website.

*bpha recommends tenants take out home contents insurance either via this special scheme or by making their own arrangements.

Shared Ownership and leasehold properties

Buildings insurance cover is arranged for all Shared Ownership and leasehold properties and recharged via your service charge.

For further information please contact our Insurance team by emailing