Home Contents Insurance
Why get home contents insurance?
bpha do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.
My Home Contents Insurance
We’ve teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
10 Reasons to choose My Home Contents Insurance
- Apply over the telephone or complete an application form
- No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
- Covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
- Covers tenants improvements (up to £2000)
- Covers contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £2000)
- Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks
- All postcodes are included
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options
Who is the policy for?
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Allianz Insurance plc. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording, which you should read carefully.
Based on the information which has been provided to you if you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks.