Why do i need it?
bpha do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.
My Home Contents Insurance Scheme
bpha have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. My Home Contents Insurance is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.
My Home Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
Reasons to choose My Home Contents Insurance Scheme
- Apply over the telephone or complete an application form
- No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
- Covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
- Covers tenants improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
- Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
- Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door)
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).
Who is the policy for?
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Ageas Insurance Limited. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording, which you should read carefully. The premiums and payment methods available are shown on the rate card here. Please note fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction change.
If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks who will be happy to help with your queries.
What to do if you have a complaint
It is always the intention to give You the best possible service but if You do have any questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim You should follow the procedure.
A copy of Thistle Insurance Services complaint’s procedure is available on request. For additional information, view our complaints page www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/Make-a-Complaint
The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.