In line with the relaxation of the Government Covid-19 restrictions, we have resumed our normal repairs service from 1 June.
At this stage, we will not carry out mould washes or plastering jobs due to the length of time the operative would need to be in your home, but we will reassess this at the end of June in line with the Government’s step return plan.
For all other repairs, our contractors have safe methods of working in place to ensure social distancing measures and government guidance is adhered to for the safety of customers, staff and the general public.
We expect that there may be an increased volume of work in the short-term so we may take longer to arrange an appointment and may not meet our published 28-day target. However, we will review each repair and aim to prioritise more urgent repairs.
We will still attend to emergencies within 24 hours.
To ensure that you and the operatives remain safe, this is what you can expect when we attend your home to carry out a repair:
• The operative will knock on the door and step two meters back;
• The operative will have suitable protective equipment including gloves and possibly masks depending on the circumstances;
• You will not be required to sign the engineer’s PDA. Upon completion of the work the engineer will sign this on your behalf.
It is imperative that:
• You advise us at the point of requesting a repair or prior to the appointment if you are shielding, have symptoms of Covid-19 or are isolating because you are at higher risk;
• All household members are in a different room to where the operative is working. If this is not possible, a distance of two metres between you the engineer must be maintained at all times during the visit.
If you have any queries or questions about repairs please call us on 0330 100 0272.