Report a repair
How to report a repair
You can report a repair 24 hours per day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Just use on of the following methods:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Calling our customer services team: 0330 100 0272
- You can raise a repair online through our Self Service Portal.
- Repairs to gas heating and hot water systems are dealt with by TSG, our gas-servicing contractors. TSG can be contacted on 0800 111 4044
What you’ll need
- The address
- Details of the repair
- When access if available during the day
- If you can be contacted by phone
We will then advise you which priority applies to the repair, according to the following categories:
- Emergency repair to be completed within 24 hours
- Standard work to be completed within 28 days
- Planned works to be carried out as part of a programme
What are emergency repairs?
Sometimes you may need to contact us out of hours. For example:
Electrical: where there is no power whatsoever, water affecting wiring after a burst or if a lift, fire alarm, communication or control entry system or similar are out of order.
Fire: where the Fire Service is attending or has attended
Fuel and other service supply: faults with gas, electric, oil and water are generally subject to special arrangements with various statutory agencies and contractors. Under normal circumstances service supply problems will be dealt with as soon as possible, but residents may be expected to make their own temporary arrangements to provide portable heaters and similar
Water: bursts on hot or cold water supply – but only when the resident is unable to turn off the stop-tap – are classed as an out-of-hours emergency, as are overflowing drains or toilets inside the property.
Weather: bpha will attend out of hours if bad weather such as gale force winds or lightning has caused extensive damage inside the house.
For an out of hours emergency, call our local rate number: 0330 100 0272 and follow the instructions.
If you smell gas or any other fumes please call National Grid emergency line 0800 111 999 at any time of day or night. If possible open windows and doors, turn off the gas meter, do not use naked flames and avoid turning on switches or sockets.
What can you do to help?
We work hard to deliver a great service and always do everything we can to be as quick, thorough and professional as possible. But there are a few things that you can do to help us help you with your repair:
- Our contact number 0330 100 0272 can be busy in the mornings, especially on Mondays – it helps if you avoid calling at this time if your call is not an emergency.
- Use the Repairs Guide to help you identify the problem when you call us.
- Keep agreed appointments.
- If you have special requirements that you would like our employees or contractors to take into consideration when visiting your home, please tell us when you report your repair.
- Be aware of our contractors’ health and safety by keeping dogs and other pets out of the way during visits, respecting their need to wear safety footwear and other safety equipment at all times – even when inside your home – and not smoking in rooms where work is being carried out.